School of Law
THE CASE FOR INVESTMENT
Students in the School of Law benefit from the generosity of donors who want to help them succeed. Following are just a few ways you can make a difference. To discuss these and other opportunities to support law students, contact Stephanie Parton, director of development, at 618/453-5117.
The needs of SIU School of Law are changing with the landscape of a legal education and the needs of the legal market. SIU School of Law is embarking on an ambitious $2 million campaign that will empower SIU School of Law to adapt and change with these needs.
Driven by the need to offer a personalized legal education, SIU School of Law distinguishes itself by transforming our students into the lawyers and community leaders of tomorrow, empowered with the knowledge and skills to improve the lives of their clients and communities, remaining true to the original mission of public interest to serve the public good.
Over the next four years, our goal is to raise $2 million that will be used to provide an unprecedented legal education to students at Southern Illinois University.
- Student Scholarships. $250,000. SIU School of Law is committed to recruiting the best and brightest students and are to making an excellent legal education accessible regardless of their financial needs.
- Faculty. $500,000. Our strong faculty is the foundation of the school’s success. Faculty support helps retain talented faculty and provides faculty the resources to do their best teaching and scholarship. At SIU School of Law, small class sizes give students the benefit of extraordinary access to leading scholars.
- Law Library. $300,000. Key upgrades are needed in our law library, a much-needed resource for students, faculty and the community.
- Clinics. $200,000. Today, more than 60% of our students participate in the hands-on learning opportunities that our clinics offer. Our goal is to secure funding that will enable even more students to participate in these experiences, which will add to their overall learning experience.
- Facilities. $250,000 As the profession of law has evolved, so has technology. SIU has a strong need for updates to facilities, classroom space, lightening and technology – small projects with a large impact on learning.
The impact of giving can be a transformative opportunity for you, as a donor. Our goal is to educate generations of lawyers and leaders making SIU School of Law the premier law school in Illinois.